1. Pick 15 favorite movies.
2. Go to IMDb and find a quote from each movie.
3. Post them here for everyone to guess.
4. Fill in the film title once it’s guessed.
5. NO googling/using IMDb search functions!
6. And for bonus points, identify the character who said it also!
My first list of quotes were actually favorite movies of mine. While I like the following movies a great deal, they wouldn’t quite make a Top 10 list. This one is designed to be a challenge. If anyone gets even 5 of these right I’ll be shocked. Good luck, folks…
1. People are dying, Wendy! Right inside that beautiful building right now, it’s a fucking horror show! And all this wellness propaganda and the landscaping, it’s just there to obscure the miserable fact that people die! And death is gaseous and gruesome and it’s filled with shit and piss and rotten stink!
2. Ever notice that even the worst bastards have friends?
3. It shrinks my liver, doesn’t it, Nat? It pickles my kidneys, yeah. But what it does to the mind? It tosses the sandbags overboard so the balloon can soar. Suddenly I’m above the ordinary. I’m competent. I’m walking a tightrope over Niagara Falls. I’m one of the great ones. I’m Michaelangelo, molding the beard of Moses. I’m Van Gogh painting pure sunlight. I’m Horowitz, playing the Emperor Concerto. I’m John Barrymore before movies got him by the throat. I’m Jesse James and his two brothers, all three of them. I’m W. Shakespeare. And out there it’s not Third Avenue any longer, it’s the Nile. Nat, it’s the Nile and down it moves the barge of Cleopatra.
4. Bill, just because your father tried to eat you, does that mean we all have to be unhappy… forever?
5. Here is a man who would not take it anymore. A man who stood up against the scum, the cunts, the dogs, the filth, the shit. Here is a man who stood up.
6. Fucking females is for poofs.
7. It’s pretty God damn hard when you’re eighty something years old, you’re arthritic, and you’re blind as a fucking bat. Unfortunately for us, blind fucking bats tend to vote Democratic.
8. Daylight. When was the last time you remember seeing it? And I’m not talking about some distant, half-forgotten childhood memory, I mean like yesterday. Last week. Can you come up with a single memory? You can’t, can you?
9. Well, don’t look so surprised. Even a call girl can scramble an egg.
10. Will you look at that! Look how she moves! It’s like Jell-O on springs. Must have some sort of built-in motor or something.
11. On Sunday, August 13th, 1961, the eyes of America were on the nation’s capital, where Roger Maris was hitting home runs #44 and 45 against the Senators. On that same day, without any warning, the East German Communists sealed off the border between East and West Berlin. I only mention this to show the kind of people we’re dealing with – REAL SHIFTY!
12. The space goes down, down baby, down, down the roller coaster. Sweet, sweet baby, sweet, sweet, don’t let me go. Shimmy, shimmy, cocoa pop. Shimmy, shimmy, rock. Shimmy, shimmy, cocoa pop. Shimmy, shimmy, rock. I met a girlfriend – a triscuit. She said, a triscuit – a biscuit. Ice cream, soda pop, vanilla on the top. Ooh, Shelly’s out, walking down the street, ten times a week. I read it. I said it. I stole my momma’s credit. I’m cool. I’m hot. Sock me in the stomach three more times.
13. He’s my partner. He sniffs out drugs. You know, I just send him through his little hole, he’s gone for a while, and then he comes back with the heroin.
14. I loathe advertising! Bunch of trendy fucks in running clothes spreading disease and dementia.
15. Well look who got beaten with the ugly stick. Bob, is that you? My God, I can’t believe such an itty bitty gun could make such a big mess out of someone! You are so ugly Bob! Oh and hey I heard you have one of those poop bags where the shit comes out the side, you’re just a big old shitbag aren’t you Bob! I hope you think of me every time you shit in that thing motherfucker!